The First Presbyterian Church of Fort Bragg was established by the Reverend James S. Mc Donald on June 27, 1887. The Rev. R.C. Mc Kinney was the first installed minister to serve the congregation. The first sanctuary was built and completed in 1888, and was located on Main street until it was burned to the ground on November 28, 1978. The current sanctuary was completed in June of 1987. The last three pastors to serve the church are, Rev. J.Lewis Kent, from 1930-1963, Rev. Terrence(Terry) E. Cole from 1964-2001, and Rev. A Daniel Fowler, who served the congregation from 2003 to 2017.
The First Hundred Years – Booklet
Glenna Thomas compiled information on “The First Hundred Years” of the First Presbyterian Church of Fort Bragg. It was published as an excellent booklet, which is available to download as .pdf here, or view as an e-book here, or click the photo right.
Click photo on right to view the booklet
in e-book format